What is Self-Discovery?
A good definition of self-discovery is the process of achieving understanding or knowledge of oneself. What do we really mean by Love, God, Relationships? Why is success and ambition so important? What is this fear or anxiety in our lives? Why do we hold to certain beliefs to protect ourselves? Dialogue can help answer these questions and more, leading to self-discovery.
How Dialogue Can Help
I like to engage people in discussion beyond daily events. We do have the capacity to observe our thought process and participate in examining this fluid motion or non-motion within our being. Some pointers in dialogue:
- Opportunity for deep inquiry
- Willingness and focus on What Is rather than ideas or opinions
- A forum for sharing perception’s or silently listening
- A movement in “not knowing” rather than always knowing
- The dialogue process is not to come to an end result or conclusion that the mind can hold on to
In other words, it is an unfolding relationship with ourselves and others.
I hold dialogues in a comfortable and informal group setting. We begin the dialogue process with a short meditation. It is a good way for self-discovery, which is different than a therapeutic process.
If you are in the Jacksonville, Florida area and are interested in participating in a dialogue group, call me at (904) 687-3715 or email me here.
I hope you and we, when opportunities arise, come together for this unfolding relationship.
~ John Seniff, LMHC, Reverend PureSound